Search Engine Optimisation can be one of the most cost effective ways of achieving a strong return on investment from your marketing campaign. When you implement an SEO strategy for your online or offline business, everything can be tracked and monitored down to the last detail.
There are plenty of free tools available for tracking the various data on your website such as Google Analytics and below are just a few of the areas that you can track and measure on your website:
- the number of daily, weekly and monthly visitors coming to your website
- how your visitors found your website in the first place be it from search engines, referral links or direct traffic
- which search engines send the most traffic to your website
- what keywords your visitors are typing into the search engines to find your website
- how effective your referral links are
- what are the top landing and top exit pages
- how long your visitors stay on each page of your website
- your most popular pages and posts
- whether your visitors are returning or new
- the geographical location of your visitors
- which browsers your visitors are using
- which pages specifically are receiving search engine traffic
Being aware of all of this data is of huge benefit so you can identify what’s working and what not. For example, you may uncover some great keywords or key phrases that you could be utilising much more effectively.
The image below shows the dashboard view of a website in Google Analytics. Each area can be drilled down further and you can collate and analyse various reports each month so you can keep track of your progress.
It’s important to keep track of this data on a monthly basis so you can expand and further optimise that which is already performing well and concentrate your efforts on areas that may need further attention. This ensures you will fully maximise your return on investment of your SEO marketing campaign and leave nothing to chance.